Veggie of the month, veggie in the spotlight ...
For our health, and that of our planet, we put a fruit or seasonal vegetable in the spotlight every month. The lucky winner is featured in several delicious recipes. Discover them here!
A SUPER VEGETABLE DISGUISED AS A FRUIT : THE RHUBARB
Rhubarb – we love it salted, in chutney in a small bulgur salad. And it also performs (delicious) miracles as a dessert: simply natural, delicately combined with rose water in a tart, or in a strawberry compote.
The recipes containing our fruits and vegetables of the month are seasonal. They change...every month (it's true!) - which allows us to work with the best seasonal products. Good for quality. Good for the planet.
Cook our seasonal recipe in 20 minutes: « Bulgur salad with rhubarb and orange »
Prep + cook: 25 mins (+ cooling time)
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 tall rhubarb stalks
- 1 large orange
- 1 red bell pepper
- 100g of cashew nuts
- 250g of bulgur
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 4 strands of flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp of cane sugar
- salt and pepper
- Peel – if needed – the rhubarb (no need with forced rhubarb), cut in dices and place in a small casserole with the cane sugar, the juice of the orange, and a ribbon of its zest. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 mins on low heat. Let it chill.
- Put the bulgur in a bowl, cover with boiling water (± 35 cl) and let it swell for 15 mins. Add the rapeseed oil and mix with a fork to separate the grains.
- Chop coarsely the cashew nuts and cut the pepper in small dices. Finely chop the parsley and coriander. Add everything to the bulgur, mix and season to taste.
- Serve together with a lump of rhubarb compote in each plate.
Tip: if you have some leftover compote, you can try it as a dessert mixed with Greek yoghourt.