Veggie of the month, veggie in the spotlight ...
For our health, and that of our planet, we put a fruit or seasonal vegetable in the spotlight every month. The lucky winner is featured in several delicious recipes. Discover them here!
Pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins !
Discover EXKi’s vegetable of the month! Whether pureed, in a creamy soup or simply chopped, pumpkin is the vegetable for you. Winter’s star vegetable, pumpkin is showcased in our December recipes. Warm up this winter with a delicious hot dish like our sumptuous chicken tagine with oriental spices. A real treat for the taste buds.
Squash tagine with chicken
Preparation time: 20 min. Cooking time: 1.20 h
- 500 g squash (variety of choice)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 turnips
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- 25 cl passata
- 2 chicken fillets
- 50 g green olives, stoned
- 12 dried apricots
- 50 g brown almonds
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ras-el-hanout
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 1 bunch coriander
- salt and pepper
- Peel all the vegetables. Cut the squash into cubes, the carrots into thick slices, the turnips into small quarters and the onions into strips.
- Dice the chicken and brown over a high heat in a large frying pan or a casserole dish with oil. Add the vegetables and the ras-el-hanout, mix for 2 minutes, then pour in the passata and 5 dl of water. Add the crumbled stock cube and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer over a very gentle heat for 1 hour.
- Add the halved apricots and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the olives, season to taste and serve hot, sprinkled with pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped almonds and chopped coriander. Garnish with a lemon slice and serve with couscous with herbs or Moroccan bread.
Tip: The cooking time may vary depending on the variety of squash used; the vegetables must be soft but not puréed.