Veggie of the month, veggie in the spotlight ...
For our health, and that of our planet, we put a fruit or seasonal vegetable in the spotlight every month. The lucky winner is featured in several delicious recipes. Discover them here!
Fennel, what a scoundrel!
It’s raining, it’s wet, it’s the fennel festival! The proof: it’s been invited into our recipes this month. Star of the month for November, fennel has several superpowers: loaded with minerals, strengthened with vitamins, rich in micronutrients. Perfect to start winter with.
We have invited it into our recipes, with MSC cod and courgettes.
Shall we leave you to discover the recipe?
Fennel compote with orange, cod and crispy courgettes
Prep + cook: 35 min.
- 2 small fennels
- 2 small courgettes
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 400 g cod loin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- salt and pepper
- Remove the fennel stalks (keep the green) and dice the bulb. Chop the onion. Brown the ingredients for 2 minutes over a gentle heat in a large pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the fennel seeds. Add the orange juice, salt and pepper. Simmer over a gentle heat for 10 minutes covered, then another 10 minutes uncovered.
- Dice the courgettes and brown over a medium heat for 5 minutes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut the cod into 4 slices, place on the fennel, cover and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Serve the cod with the fennel compote and the courgettes. Garnish with sprigs of fennel and a slice of lemon. Serve with mashed potato.
Tip: You can replace the cod with chopped fillets of chicken, cooked in the pan with the courgettes.