Veggie of the month, veggie in the spotlight ...
For our health, and that of our planet, we put a fruit or seasonal vegetable in the spotlight every month. The lucky winner is featured in several delicious recipes. Discover them here!
Red cabbage salad with chives and sesame seeds
Preparation time: 15 min. (+ 15 min. resting)
- 1 quarter red cabbage (400 g)
- 200 g cooked beetroot
- 1 bunch of chives
- 3 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the cabbage very finely in a mandolin slicer. Put it in a salad bowl, add the vinegar and mix well.
- Dice the beetroot and add to the salad bowl, then put in the oil, salt and pepper. Leave to stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds and chopped chives just before serving. Enjoy as is or with goat’s cheese. Great to share at a buffet, too.
Tip : you can replace the beetroot with diced apple.