Veggie of the month, veggie in the spotlight ...
For our health, and that of our planet, we put a fruit or seasonal vegetable in the spotlight every month. The lucky winner is featured in several delicious recipes. Discover them here!
A risotto to put colour in your cheeks
In February, it’s time to warm up! What could be better than a yummy risotto to stay snug? And we’ve found the secret ingredient for a dazzling, delicious twist on this traditional recipe: beetroot!
Accompanied by Vita®-certified chicken in this hot dish, it’s a taste sensation. This brightly coloured vegetable of the month continues to cause a stir!
Preparation time: 15 min. + cooking time: 22 min.
- 300 to 350 g beetroot (1 large or 2 to 3 small)
- 250 g thin carrots
- 160 g peas (frozen)
- 1 onion
- 1 chicken fillet
- 200 g arborio rice
- 2 cubes chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 4 sprigs basil
- salt and pepper
- Peel and grate the beetroot. Peel the carrots and cut into thin slices. Chop the onion finely.
- Dice the chicken and brown over a high heat in a large frying pan with olive oil. Remove using a slotted spoon when nice and golden.
- Put the onion in the same pan and brown over a gentle heat for 2 mins. Add the beetroot, mix for one 1 min., then add the rice. Brown for 2 mins, then pour in 7 dl of hot stock (water + cubes) and the carrots. Bring to the boil, cover and leave to simmer over a gentle heat for 18 mins.
- Remove from the heat, then add the butter, peas and diced chicken. Leave to rest for 2 mins; mix and season to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with basil.
Tip: You can replace ¼ of the stock with white wine.