VEGETABLE OF THE MONTH,
VEGETABLE IN THE SPOTLIGHT
For our health, and that of our planet, we put a fruit or seasonal vegetable in the spotlight every month. The lucky winner is featured in several delicious recipes. Discover them here!
A SUPER VEGETABLE WITH SUPER POWERS
Spinach is the most fibre- vitaminand antioxidant-rich vegetable. Yes, indeed: it's a super hero in the kitchen!
The recipes containing our fruits and vegetables of the month are seasonal. They change...every month (it's true!) - which allows us to work with the best seasonal products. Good for quality. Good for the planet.
Cook our seasonal recipe in 20 minutes: "Gnocchi with fresh spinach sprouts"
Prep + cook: 20 mins
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 100g of baby spinach leaves
- 500g of fresh gnocchi
- 2 or 3 tomatoes
- 100g of grilled artichoke hearts
- 100g of artichoke tapenade
- 50g of parmesan shavings
- 4 tbsp of roasted flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp of olive or rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and cut them in dices. Cut the artichoke hearts in little quarters.
- Sauté the tomatoes, artichokes and drained gnocchi for 2 minutes in a large pan with oil. Progressively add the spinach and cook till soft. Add the tapenade and almonds; mix and season to taste.
- Serve right away, sprinkled with the parmesan shavings.
Tip: no need for a timer to cook your gnocchi: when they float to the surface, it means they are ready.