Savoury Parsnip Cheesecake
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins (+25 mins rest time)
Ingredients for 6 to 8 people:
- 600g of parsnip
- 3 shallots
- 500g of low-fat cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 25g of grated parmesan
- 25g of roasted hazelnuts
- 160g of flour
- 100g of soft salted butter
- 6 large sage leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F Fan/Gas 6.
- Peel the parsnips and slice them thin. Mince the shallots. Pour everything in a skillet greased with 40g of melted butter. Add 5cl of water, season to taste, and cover to let it simmer for 15 mins on low heat.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, 60g of butter, 1 egg, the parmesan, salt, pepper and the sage leaves finely chopped. Knead till you get a uniform dough. Place it in a 26cm-wide round mould covered with baking paper. Run your fingers into the dough to stretch it until it settles into a regular layer covering the whole base of the mould. Place in the oven for 12 mins to brown it lightly.
- Pour the cottage cheese and 4 eggs in a large bowl, add the sautéed vegetables and mix till you reach a smooth homogeneous preparation. Rectify the seasoning if needed and pour into the mould.
- Bake for 15 mins at 180C, then for another 15 mins at 150C. Leave the cheesecake for 15 mins more in the oven closed and turned off. Finally, take it out and let it cool for 10 mins before unmoulding. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve hot, with a salad.