Red lentils and turnip salad
Prep + cook: 15 mins
Ingredients for 4 people:
- ½ bunch of turnip
- 180g of red lentils
- 1 small red onion
- 3 strands of flat-leaf parsley
- 5 tbsp of olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place the lentils in a pan with 75cl of cold water. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 6 mins (skim if necessary). Strain using a fine sieve, rinse at length under cold water then leave the lentils to drain.
- Meanwhile, peel the turnip and cut them in fine dices. Place them in a large bowl with the minced red onion and chopped parsley. Add the lentils, the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, then mix thoroughly.
- Serve fresh with bread.
Tip: how to put the leftover turnip to good use? You can add them to a stew or a soup, or you can eat them raw, grated and sprinkled with some vinaigrette.