Fruit of the month, fruit in the spotlight ...
For our health, and that of our planet, we put a fruit or seasonal vegetable in the spotlight every month. The lucky winner is featured in several delicious recipes. Discover them here !
Bulgur salad with apricots and falafels
Prep + cook: 20 mins
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 8 apricots
- 12 falafels
- 3 large carrots
- 100 g young spinach shoots
- 100 g mesclun
- 1 orange
- 200 g bulgur
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- powdered cumin
- salt and pepper
- Place the bulgur, cumin, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Cover with boiling water (± 28 cl) and let it swell for 15 mins.
- Fry the falafels lightly in a pan over a gentle heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Chop the spinach shoots. Pit the apricots and cut into quarters.
- Add 4 tbsp of olive oil to the bulgur and mix with a fork to separate the grains. Sprinkle with the orange juice and then add the carrots and spinach. Mix well and season to taste.
- Divide the mesclun among the plates, add the bulgur salad, the falafels and the apricots. Serve warm.
Tip: out of season, replace the fresh apricots with dried apricots or orange quarters with the peel and pith removed.